Holi is one of the largest festivals in India and is celebrated by people throwing colored powder and colored water at each other. Holi is celebrated (in India) at the end of the winter season on the last full moon day of the lunar month. One of Holi’s biggest customs is loosening the strictness of social structures and bringing communities together in an exhilarating experience. Holi is significant for commemorating many myths and legends and symbolizes cleansing, a fresh start, and celebrating the coming of spring. In Foster City we will play Holi only with colored powder. The Foster City Parks and Recreation Department and Baybasi, Inc. are excited to be partnering to provide this free annual cultural community event!
Program activities include the following:
• Food vendors offering tastes of India from a variety of regions
• Traditional Indian music and dance
• Throwing of powder colors
Event parking for Holi, Festival of Colors, will be located:
• South Recreation Center parking lot
• Community Center/Library
• City Hall
• NOTE: Senior Wing parking lot will be CLOSED
• Overflowing parking is also available at 989 E. Hillsdale Blvd.